Monday 10 August 2015

Othello

 Hello there! Well, as requested, we did have some more blue sky at the weekend. It was very well timed too as we had theatre tickets booked at Stratford upon Avon for Saturday evening. We set off early and, after finding our usual car park full (it seemed as though the World and his wife were in Stratford this weekend!), managed to find another one, almost as convenient for the river and theatre. Weather permitting, we always like to hire a rowing boat on the Avon and as L had been in the Ladies first boat at Merton, we made the most of her skills. All I was required to do was man the rudder and I could just about cope with that.
 This is E having a turn:


 R rescuing a bee:
 A local heron - for a while we thought it was an artificial one as it stood so still, but it eventually took off.
 After a little potter round the shops - I was very restrained, only buying a birthday present for E's friend - we went for a pre-show meal at 'Thespians'. It was delicious and very handy for the theatre afterwards. Here's my Vegetable Thali:
 Then we just about managed to stagger here:
To see this: 

 E is studying Othello for her English Lit topic 'Love Through the Ages', so we were fortunate to get tickets. It was a brilliant production with a few surprises - I won't say what they were in case you're planning to go and see it!
Other 'happies this week':
Visiting a local Classic Car Show with R (it was slightly better than last week's tanks!)
This was R's favourite:
 ..... and this was mine!
Lastly, L spent a day making a Minecraft Cake for her boyfriend J's birthday:
We managed to transport it to Oxford, where he now has a flat and a shiny new job, with only the slightest of mishaps - the rabbit lost its ears and we had to do a quick repair job before presenting it!
That's all for this week. The summer holiday seems to be galloping by - I hope you're all making the most of it. Have fun!
Toodle Pip for now. x

11 comments:

  1. What a marvelous trip out, a rowing boat, delicious meal and a visit to the theatre....what more could a gal ask for! Your daughter is one brilliant cake designer!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great day. I would have loved to visit Stratford on Avon. I studied English in college and Shakespeare was one of my areas on concentration. Your meal out looks delicious and rowing must have been a lot of fun. That cake looks terrific too. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be honest I always found Shakespeare a bit boring, but that set looks awesome!
    Wish I could have joined you for the curry, did you manage to eat all that, there looks loads! I'm with you on the choice of wheels, much more practical!
    Great cake, did you get to have a piece? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant cake! And what a wonderful day in Stratford, just the sort of day I would love. Rowing on the river looks blissful, and the food looks absolutely delicious. Glad you enjoyed Othello. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. Shakespeare at Stratford still on my to do list - have been there a few times but not made it to the theatre there yet!! Seem to remember thespians was good though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so lovely on the river! Very calm and beautiful. A few years ago we holidayed near there and went on a boat trip on the Avon on a scorching hot day. Brilliant fun and happy memories. The Minecraft cake is excellent, my son would love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a coincidence! Mr JK and I were only looking the other evening at the possibility of driving to Stratford on Avon. Looks like you had a wonderful day. And I agree, the holidays are galloping far too fast for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks & sounds like you had a lovely day out. Your curry looks wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a lovely day out on the river in Stratford - I'm sure that Othello was good. L's cake is fantastic - her boyfriend must have been very impressed. We're just over halfway through the hols here and, with our annual holiday behind us, I'm trying to get a bit organised - so far so good!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a fantastic day! I love the cake you made...it's amazing.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who on earth could sit this still when a bee landed on them? brrr..
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete