Wednesday 21 May 2014

Manly Blanket Ta-Dah!


It's finished! The 'Manly Blankie' is finished at last and, although I was a little unsure about the colours to begin with, they grew on me and I'm really rather fond of it now. I just hope that J likes all the purple added to his requested green and blue! So, here are the photos - apologies in advance; after all the glorious sunny weather we've been having, I finished it on a really murky day and wanted to take the photos before wrapping it up.


Ta-Dah!
The 'standing on the coffee table' shot.



Close up of all its manliness!



Close ups of the border...





On the bed to give an idea of size.



A corner shot...



Folded on the bed ...



With its 'Blanketty Buddies' ...





The 'Draped Shot' ....



... and back to the Ta-Dah!


Do you think it's manly enough? I really hope so; if J hates it, it can always become a car blanket for picnics! Many thanks once again to Lucy at Attic24 for the pattern and Jacquie at BunnyMummy for enabling it to lie flat - any kinky bits are entirely my own fault!

Other things this week include: 

 More applique panels for 'The Fifty Quilt'




I have to confess that Genevieve and I are now really enjoying zigzagging!

And, to cope with the continuing GCSEs, lots of these ......

'Keep Calm Cookies'!



Toodle Pip for now. x

1 comment:

  1. It's fantastic! I love it. Very manly, not girly at all. Your other blankets are all very lovely too. x

    ReplyDelete