Sunday 28 May 2023

Clearing the Camera

Well, long time no see! I hope you are all keeping well. It's been a couple of months since I last popped up here. I think it has taken me this long to recover from the week I spent with Covid, writing numerous posts about our holiday in India - it all seems like such a long time ago now. Not a huge amount has happened since. There has been a bit of DIY - a new front door and glass side panel, and a new fence - but mostly life has just plodded along with lots of gardening and the odd day out. My brain was beginning to itch though at the thought of my camera silting up with photos, so I thought I'd drop by quickly to do an update. 

Here we go then. In no particular order:

A new 'Fury' vest, made with yarn bought at Unravel back in February. It looks a little creased as I hauled it out of the cupboard to take a photo and it's too hot today to put it on!
Finally finishing my Christmas Socks:

Art on the Park, where local artists display their work on the park railings. There didn't seem to be many participants this year and, apart from a couple, those that were there seemed either a little amateurish or eye-wateringly expensive for what they were. I bought a few cards for birthdays coming up next month.

A trip into London to see L ( I also had a lovely day out in Bristol with E but annoyingly forgot to take my camera!). We took along her bike and, as she has acquired more shelf space, 2 big supermarket bags of books. I had to take photos of her shelves at home, so she could pick the ones that she wanted! R also did a bit of DIY for her, fitting a bathroom door lock, mending a music stand and sorting out a kitchen socket; he's very handy at times. We then went for a walk and had a yummy lunch at Rosa's:




A trip to an Open Studios Exhibition at The Base in Greenham Common:
I took photos of my 2 favourite pieces:


A walk at Peasemore and Leckhamstead. We did this one, merely because as I drove back from Bristol I was admiring the beautiful yellow Rape in the fields and remembered that this walk had you follow a path through one such field. Sadly, and rather predictably if we'd bothered to think it through, the farmer had rotated his crops and the Rape was conspicuous by its absence. It was still a nice walk though:

I love this house:

A trip to the Watermill Theatre to see this. I booked because, although I hadn't watched it, I recalled that they had made a TV programme about this, so assumed that it would be good. If I'm honest, it was a trifle disappointing.

Starting my 'Homestead' Shawl by Melody Hoffmann; yarn again bought at Unravel. I'm hoping that it turns out big enough to be my 'reading shawl', so it can live on the sofa and come in handy when it's a bit nippy in the evenings. Reading that bit back, it makes me sound like an old granny! :O)

This year's first batch of rhubarb and ginger jam:

A magic show at the Corn Exchange. There were a couple of tricks where, unless there was a plant in the audience, we were flummoxed as to how he did them:

A walk in the bluebell woods:

R doing his annual Dick Van Dyke impression:

Wild garlic pesto. I also made pea and wild garlic soup which was very yummy:

Making a new batch of kimchi:

Lastly, a return trip to Gilbert White's House. The tickets are valid for a year and ours was about to expire. I love the garden and there is a sheltered warm spot next to a brick wall amongst the herbs that's just perfect for a picnic:


My camera is now clear and so is my headspace, so all is well! Anything exciting happening at your end?

Toodle pip for now. x

3 comments:

  1. You may not have been in this space for a while but as usual you have been exceedingly busy. Always envious of all your theatre trips and outings out. Love the new makes and the rhubarb ginger jam sounds yummy. My rhubarb is finally growing so I might have to make some. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away from my blog for a while so apologies for not commenting on your Amazing Trip to India! What a wonderful time you must have had, seeing all those incredible things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you do have an interesting life! Love the knitting and the food at Rosa's! That hog sculpture is wonderful as is that house. Oh I say....that JAM!The Van Dyke impression had me laughing. Now I really, really need some wild garlic soup.xxx

    ReplyDelete