Tuesday 23 September 2014

Coastal Ripple Ta-Dah!

Greetings!

It's finally finished! L's coastal ripple blankie, started some time in June, is now complete. It's actually a 21st birthday present for November but, as she chose the colours and has seen it progressing over the Summer, there doesn't seem much point in keeping it a secret. It took me a while to get going on this and after various false starts I realized that the number of stitches on my starting chain was wrong - maths was never my strong point - which accounted for my ripples getting out of phase. Once that was corrected, however, it was pretty plain sailing and I can see why people become hooked; it is rather hypnotic rippling away.

Anyway, here it is:
Ta-Dah!

The 'On the Bed' shot:

The shot along the ripples:

Bird's eye view of ripples:

The 'Folded' shot; showing a bit of border:

The 'Corner' shot::

With its Blankety Buddies (sorry, it was a bit too sunny here):

The 'Draped on the sofa' shot:

.... and back to the Ta-Dah!:

Thanks, once again, to Lucy at Attic24 for her excellent tutorials. I have quite a bit of wool left over and, having seen Gillian's gorgeous cowl on 'Tales from a Happy House', I'm tempted to have a go. I have a few other WIPs to finish first though. 

That's all for now; pilates awaits! Enjoy the rest of the week. Toodle Pip x.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Thank you so much. I'm sure I will spend a good proportion of the winter wrapped up in it with a textbook. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ripples, gorgeous summer seaside colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely. I keep seeing these beautiful ripple blankets and thinking I must have a go. The effect is wonderful. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete